1. All coaches will be trained on proper sanitation, as outlined by the CDC (i.e. washing hands for 20 seconds with soap and water, sneezing into elbows, wearing masks and gloves and staying home if sick).
2. Players will have their temperature checked upon arrival at the training site.
3. Coaches will regularly clean all training equipment. Equipment will be cleaned between player groups.
4. All coaches and players will be required to follow Federal, State and local guidelines for social distancing, masks, and interactions.
1. Programs will designate a site-specific COVID-19 supervisor or supervisors to enforce these requirements. Designated COVID-19 supervisors will be present on-site at arrival and departure times of all training activities. COVID-19 supervisors can be coaches or other on-site volunteers.
2. Trainings will be organized during daylight hours and outside.
3. Arriving and departing from the field all players and parents/guardians will be required to a mask and maintain a social distance of six feet of other.
6. Players will bring their own water or sports drink to the training. No sharing among players.
7. No food or beverage service will be available at training sites.
8. All individuals will wear face coverings at the training site, except players that are actively training.
9. In the case of minors, all parents are encouraged to drop off their players and not observe trainings; if parents feel they need to observe trainings, they will be required to social distance and restricted to areas away from the training and players, specifically not within twenty feet of training area or areas of ingress and egress.
10. Either coaches will provide all of the training equipment or players will provide their own training equipment. In either case, training equipment will be disinfected before and after each training.
11. Hand sanitizer will be available to all coaches and players.
12. Gates, if any, will be propped open to avoid points of contact.
13. All protocols will be posted on websites and at the training sites. Coaches and players will be required to enforce the protocols in order to remain open.
The County Health Officer may from time to time allow programs to move from this reopening phase to contact training, and eventually, games. Compliance with appropriate safety and training protocols, and community health, will dictate if and when we are able to increase contact. It is incumbent on all to minimize the spread of COVID-19 within our County.
NorCal Member Clubs,
US Soccer has now released the first part of their return to play protocol (“Play On” - see link below), which can serve as a guide and starting point for your club to develop your own plans to return to the field, when it is deemed appropriate by your local authorities.
Below are some important to remember pieces of information, as we all plan a safe return to the field at the appropriate time:
• Each club will need to comply with the guidance of your county public health authority
• Clubs are advised to work with their local county public health authorities regarding clearance to resume practice
The Cal North Board of Directors has again extended its suspension of soccer activities and sanctioned events due to COVID-19 until State and local jurisdictions determine that youth sports may be opened for return to play. The suspension of activities includes all games, practices, training, clinics, and any other activities that would cause players, families, officials, and/or staff to gather in close proximity.
We recognize that how youth sports are opened back up will vary from county to county and city to city. Cal North continues to work with United States Youth Soccer, US Soccer, state, and local governments and their medical experts in developing protocols that can be used as guidelines for all of our leagues, clubs, and teams to use when putting return to play plans together.
We will continue to closely monitor information from Governor Newsom’s office, local county health officials, and the CDC regarding the opening of all activities and we will do everything we can to keep our players, parents, league, and club administrators up to date as more details become available.
Thank you to our entire Cal North family for your ongoing support. The safety and security of our soccer community is, and always will be, our highest priority.